Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'm home!


I'm excited to say I'm home! I had so much fun backpacking.  It was the first time that I had gone for more than one night and let me tell you it was HARD!  It was probably the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.  I wasn't sure I was going to make it a couple of times during the hike.  I was way more out of shape than I thought which made me the slowest in the group.  Thankfully everyone was nice to me about it and I didn't mind letting them go ahead.  On our second to last day we hiked 13 miles!  It might not seem like a lot but when you are carrying a backpacking that weighs 30 pounds and your going up and down, it feel like forever.  I'm proud to say that total we peaked four mountains and saw some pretty amazing lakes.  I'm so glad I got to go on this adventure.  I would do it again in a heartbeat but this time I would train first.  

No comments:

Post a Comment