Monday, April 9, 2012

-What-I-Want-To-Be-When-I-Grow-Up-



Whenever I tell people I'm getting my degree in journalism with a focus in public relations and advertising, people look at me strangely and ask, "So what do you want to do with that?"  The truth is I don't really know.  I started out with my focus being advertising but after taking a few public relations classes I started to gain interest in the field.  However, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my dual degree but I think I'm starting to make headway.

The niche in public relations that interests me the most is integrated marketing public relations.  It takes both worlds I love, advertising and public relations, and combines them.  This is where public relations controls all the sources of messaging for a product, so there is more message penetration. 

For those of you who are not in the journalism world, this means I get to work with advertisers, marketers, and even promoters of a product to make our message to customers more clear.  This is super exciting for me.  I get to use all the tools from both advertising and public relations to work on a brand.  It makes spending five years in college seem more worth it.  I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, well at least a glimpse of what could be the light at the end of my college career.

No comments:

Post a Comment