Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Challah French Toast

 
The other weekend Derek and I stayed at my parent's house.
I had a baby shower Saturday to attend and Sunday was 
Mother's Day, so it only made sense to stay with my parents.
Saturday morning my parents were awake and off to run errands before I got even get enough coffee in me to think.  
So it was just Derek and I for Breakfast.  
One thing I love about going home is all the wonderful food my parents always have; so it didn't take long to come up with something to make.
We ended up making Challah bread french toast.  
While I fried some bananas in brown sugar and butter, Derek chopped up strawberries.  
We then layered the bananas and strawberries on top of the french toast and topped it off with a little bit of Greek yogurt.  The mix of sweet Challah made into french toast with fresh and fired fruits mixed so well with tangy-ness of the yogurt. 
Oh and to really make it over the top we sprinkled powered sugar on top. {mostly just for looks} 
It was one of the best breakfasts I have ever had.  
I'm so glad I grabbed my camera and got a few pictures before it died. 


1 comment: