Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summer Beauty


There are a few things that I love to wear during the summer.  In the summer having a quick routine frees up so much more time to do other activities.  The simpler, the better is my motto.  

First having a good face wash is key.  I love Purity by Philosophy.  It is gentle on your face but still makes it feel clean.  Sweat and dirt are a major factor in my summer life and having a good face wash helps get rid of grime.

Having a good sunless tanner is also key.  Spending too much time in the sun isn't good for you skin.  I should know, I worked at a tanning salon for years.  A sunless tanner is good for evening out skin tone and providing an extra glow.  Lets be honest, as much as you would love to spend everyday outside getting a nice glow, its just not possible.  Tanning Bed in a Tube by Too Faced provides a deep glow without looking too fake.

I love wearing shimmer in natural tones in the summer.  This Bobbi Brown is great to wear on your eyes and cheeks.  I love being able to use the same color to highlight your cheekbones as well as your eye lids.  It gives a natural glowing look with very little effort.  Plus this Bobbi Brown has a white that is great for highlighting the inner corners of your eyes, instantly making them look bigger.

To finish off your eyes you need a great mascara.  I feel like this is one of the hardest things to find.  I'm always trying new ones and recently I found one that I love. Well at least for the moment love.  It's Buxom by Bare Essentials. I don't really like waterproof mascara because I feel like it clumps and is hard to get off later.  I love that is mascara doesn't run when you get sweaty.

I also love having a light pink lip gloss on hand.  I love lipstick, especially brightly colored ones but when you are out and about all day in the sun it's not always the easiest to keep lips looking nice.  I love that you can throw lip gloss on and go.  You also don't need a mirror to apply it which makes it great. 

Last but certainly not least is a nice perfume.  I'm obsessed with Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana. I switch my perfumes up according to the weather and this is one I love to wear when it's hot out.  It's light smell doesn't make you feel like you're trying to cover up that sweaty smell.  It simple adds a light fresh smell to you which I think is key.  

No comments:

Post a Comment