Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Camping Outfit Guide

Derek and I went hiking on Sunday and it was just beautiful.
{I'll do a post on it later}
The trail head was connected to a camp ground and they shared a outhouse area in the middle.
As we were getting ready to hike, I saw this women come from the campground to use the bathroom.
She did not look like she was camping with her light pink flowy tank top and little strapy sandals. Her hair was done up and she was wearing nice jewelry.
I don't want you to think I am judging here.
She really did look nice and I give her props for looking so good while camping but it got me to thinking how I wouldn't want to ruin my nice clothes camping.
So I decided to come up with a must have camping list.
{For those of us that like the dirtier side of camping}

camping


The first is a flannel. It is great for staying warm at night but light enough that you could wear it during the day if need be.

The second is a tank top that doesn't show so much dirt. Lets be real camping is not the cleanest activity so a darker color is a better option.

The third is shorts. I love jean shorts but really any older shorts that you don't mind getting dirty will work.

Old jeans is the fourth thing. You don't want to worry about ruining them so find an older pair or some that you don't care if they get sap stuck to them.

The fifth is a hat. It is a good way to keep your head warm at night and it can help tame crazy hair that hasn't been washed in a few days.

The last clothing item is flip flops. Your feet are going to get dirty no matter what. It's better to not end up with sock tan lines.

The first beauty product is chapstick. Between the smoke from the fire and the sun my lips are always cracking while camping. Chapstick is a good way to prevent some of this.

The second beauty product sunscreen. You are going to be outside ALL day, it's a good idea to wear sunscreen.

The third beauty product is face wipes. I don't wear makeup when I camp but I still feel like I need to wash my face. These are great for getting off dirt at the end of the day. Plus they are good way to get some of that dirt off of your feet.

Things I didn't show that are also useful:
Baby wipes, they are like a little mini shower when you can't take a real one.

Bug Spray, I would get eaten alive without it!

De-tangling spray, I usually wear my hair in a braid or bun but it's nice to be able to brush it especially if you're camping for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment